Path "3" The Road That Can't Be Taken





Path "3"


As I lay down to sleep, I look through inner alleyways. I feel as if I am walking into two of three distant paths which all seem near. The farther I try to run, the nearer I come, back to the start from whence I came. However it doesn't look at all the same anymore. Terrifically vast. That's all it seems as bittersweet fumes engulf me. Tepid. Yes tepid! Rapid? No, it's tepid! I fall! Yes, I fall. I get up but I keep falling. Even the rise is a fall. Fall towards something I cannot explain. But everytime I see glimpses showing "Path 3". The colors beseech as the solace wants to just teach but alas all I can do is try. Try to reach. But I think of this only. I do not? No! I cannot try. I start walking, but I go astray. I feel months within these minutes among the numerous hours that are already passed within this day. I walk but inside I crawl, and something creeps as I crawl. I try to enter a brawl but my enemy is noone in an invisible shawl. I stop and surrender as I see a sign. "Path 3". I enter.
But I come back. I run behind to go forward and I but tiptoe. Tiptoe where? I don't know! Can't? No! I don't know! The same colors beseech me again with the same destitute winds.

 All of it comes back and forth as I keep wishing. Wishing for what? I wish to go through "Path 3".

But I cannot.

By: Aritro Ghosh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT YOUTH

SAND ROVER || The Tough Terrain BOT RACE || KSHITIJ '19

13 TV shows of Doordarshan that every 90's kid grew up watching